SAVE THE DATE - 2019
Saturday, Sept 14 and Sunday, Sept 15
Farm crawls (also called farm tours) are one of the most enjoyable and effective forms of agritourism because they immediately engage community members with local growers. The Farm Crawl is a great opportunity for families and friends to visit, meet farmers, see demos, learn and take tours of local farms in southern Illinois. Farmers in our region open up their doors to share the history of their farms, and community members get to learn about the crops, livestock, as well as the unique ups and downs in farming. It makes a difference when you know the story behind your food! This kind of interaction is tremendously effective at conveying not only the delights of local food but also the importance of supporting a local food economy.
Neighborhood Co-op has worked with local farmers and producers in Southern Illinois for many years to build up our local food economy. We feel it is important to educate and connect our customers with our local food sources. Not only is it a great opportunity to learn, but it is also a fundraiser! This year’s Farm Crawl is partnering with Food Works to support all their great work in building our local food economy.
Car passes available for purchase starting September 1, 2019, at the Co-op. This event is a self-guided tour. Each pass will give you access to each of the farms on the crawl for the two days!
The Farm Crawl is a fundraiser for Food Works, a non-profit organization facilitating the development of a regional food economy in Southern Illinois. Every ticket that is purchased will go to support this great organization.
Car passes available for purchase in-store starting September 1, 2019
For $20 dollars a carload you get to visit 14 local farms for two days!
See a store associate at Neighborhood Co-op to purchase a pass. Note: passes must be purchased in-store as you will receive a Co-op bag with information, map and other materials need for the crawl.
We have 14 farms on the Farm Crawl this year!
More information about farms will be available upon purchase of a car pass.
(Please be aware of the days that the farms are open as each has different times.)
• Echo Valley (produce/sheep/goats/cattle) - Saturday only
• Misty Ridge (chickens) - Saturday only
• Lipe's Orchards (produce) - Saturday only
• Shawnee Hills Lavender (lavender) - Saturday/Sunday
• Five Hen Farm (chickens/turkeys/pigs) - Saturday/Sunday
• Shade Tree Farm (produce/chickens) - Saturday/Sunday
• Mustard Seed Sowers (produce/herbs) - Saturday/Sunday
• Rolling Oak Alpaca Ranch (goats/alpaca)- Saturday/Sunday
• Ryder Family Farm (animals/produce/mums) - Saturday/Sunday
• SIU Horticulture Research Center (pumpkins) - Saturday/Sunday
• All Seasons Farm (organic produce)- Sunday only
• Flyway Family Farm (mushrooms) - Sunday only
• Countrysprout Organics (organic produce/flowers/herbs) - Sunday only
• River to River Farm (goats) - Sunday only
Location of farms
We need volunteers!
If you want to help click here for more info. If possible, please sign up by Sept. 5th. Must be 18 years
of age or older. Contact Jennifer Paulson, Food Works Program Coordinator, for more information at
618-370-3287 or email
Calling All Farmers!
We are looking for farms that would be interested in participating in this event! We hope that you feel the same about educating our customers and will join us in this fun event that helps raise awareness of local food production here in Southern Illinois. To learn more click here. To register your farm as a possible participant, please fill out form here.