Store updates due to the COVID-19
Updated March 25, 2020
Staff is working hard trying to bag all of our bulk items. NOTE: due to space issues, we have moved all the pre-bagged bulk items to our Community Room located by the check out counters. Bulk items that you normal get from the refrigerator section will still be located in the same place. We are also asking customers to try to keep your special orders to 5lbs. Our suppliers our stressed by demands, and we want to make sure all customers have assess to the supplies they need.
Personal bags: We respectfully ask that customers not bring in personal bags. Again this is a need to reduce the spreading of the virus. If you need to bag items, please consider taking a store cart to your car and bag your items that way. These measures are to help reduce any expose to our staff and appreciate your understanding.
Wooden Nickels: At this time we are suspending our Wooden Nickels program. Once we are in the clear of this pandemic, we will resume the program.
Updated March 22, 2020
The current state of our bulk department is as follows. We were informed Friday, March 20, that the Health Department requested we remove our bulk bins. Until we are told otherwise, our bins will not be directly available to the public. However we plan on packaging as much as possible so that customers can continue to have access to those products. At this point though, we can not take orders because we don't have enough staff on hand to to fill them. If you do come into the store and can't find what you are looking for, please ask a staff member and they will try to assist as much as possible. We know this is a bit of an inconvenience, but we want to make sure we are taking the proper steps in keeping everyone safe.
We have also suspended our self serve coffee station. Continuing the focus on providing crucial services at our store, we are unable to offer hot coffee at this time.
Updated March 19, 2020
The Co-op is working hard on continuing to provide crucial services at our store. We want to ensure our customers that our highest priority is maintaining a healthy and safe environment for our guests and staff. The following precautionary measures are being made:
We will be reducing store hours in order to give staff the support they need to stock shelves, clean and to take care of personal needs. Starting Thursday, March 19, our store hours will be 9am-7pm, Monday through Sunday. Deli hours will also be reduced to 11am-6pm, Monday through Sunday.
Other measures include the following:
• Our Community room is closed for public use
• All sampling has been suspended; all product testers have been removed from shelves
• As of now we have canceled all large group events through the end of April
• Please no personal containers for bulk items in order to reduce cross contamination
• Coffee Club is suspended; no personal tumblers or mugs should be used to get coffee
• Some products have been restricted to limited quantities, store signage will indicate limitations
It is our plan to continue offering our hot bar menu, but it may vary depending on supplies we receive and customer needs. Other measures we are taking are as follows:
• As an extra precaution, we are prepackaging all our meals, pasta salads, pizzas, etc.
• There will be no made-to-order sandwiches or salads at this time.
• Soups, pizzas, and daily entrees will be packaged and located in our hot box.
• Grab-N-Go case is where you can find all your favorite salads, sides, and pre-made sandwiches.
• Bakery goods such as breads, cookies, scones, muffins, etc. will all be pre-bagged.
If you need any assistance or have questions, our deli staff will be on hand to help in any way!